HAPPILY EVER RANDOM: Go ahead and take a bite...Just my thoughts on absolutely anything and everything. The sky's the limit.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Does everyone love Fridays?




I just love Fridays. It's the most special day of the week. It has the promise of the weekend to look forward too. I always wake up on a Friday with a small shout of "YES" it's Friday! I even entertained the naughty idea of keeping my oldest out of school today just so we could all be together and do something fun. It was just a brief moment but it was a naughty indulgence, I know.

So what did we do today?

We spent the morning at a park near Boy Wonder's school making new friends and then we went out to lunch!! Yipee!!

I always find it amusing that when you walk into a restaurant with children that the host will take one look at the children and then try to find the most obscure back corner to set you so the kids don't disturb the other patrons. Today was no different. He immediately wanted to set us in the second room of the restaurant and then turned back and gave an apology and asked if we wanted to sit in the front (as there was no one dining in the back at that time of the day). I laughed and said it was fine wherever he wanted to seat us. It wasn't going to spoil my special treat (someone else cooking a meal for me) and I know my 2 youngest well. They are 3 and 1 and not the most refined diners. But I was so proud of them...they did very well especially since I was by myself with them. I love breakfast places and Hobees has the best blueberry coffee cake that they serve on the side of their breakfasts. They also serve the children a complimentary fruit plate that looks like a smiling face on arrival and bring a basket of crayons and coloring pages. It is a very family friendly place and very crowded on the weekends. The kids settled in and did beautifully.


After dining for an hour we still had a half hour before picking up Boy Wonder. This is the tricky time of the day for Busy Girl as she likes to nap then and a full tummy in a warm car, that is the perfect combo for sleep. So we had to go somewhere to keep her awake long enough to pick up Boy Wonder and get him home before she fell asleep. We decided to head back to school and play in the school's garden. We haven't yet had a chance to visit the garden and since it's a large enclosed space away from the classrooms it seemed a perfect place to play for a half hour. Bubba and Busy Girl spotted a pile of discarded debris in the far corner of the garden and sat down in the dirt to look for bugs but instead found little colored plastic beads. It was a very interesting find in a pile of dead plant materials and it kept them busy the entire half hour hunting for each bead that was uncovered with small sticks they were each using. So we were in time for Boy Wonder and headed home for my favorite part of the day on Friday..kids' naptime where I can then blog away. What a great random day today was. Hooray for Friday!


3 things I'm Grateful for:

1. Having such a wonderful day with Bubba and Busy Girl.
2. Today is Friday, which means tomorrow is Saturday...yeah!
3. The kids had time to play with friends afterschool and I got a chance to talk with my grown up friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwith

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...